HIMSSCast host Jonah Comstock welcomes Sheldon Fields, RN, PhD, a researcher, overall health plan analyst, educator and advocate. He serves as Associate Dean for Equity and Inclusion at Penn State, To start with Vice President at the Nationwide Black Nurses Association, and founder and CEO of his very own consulting business, the SDF Group. On modern episode, they converse about some of the current overall health fairness worries introduced on by the COVID-19 pandemic and how to beat them.
- Dr. Fields’ historical past as a nurse and academic.
- The mission of the Nationwide Black Nurses’ Association,
- How caregiver illustration aligns with care fairness.
- Comparing the COVID-19 pandemic with the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- How pandemics can illuminate overall health disparities.
- The historical past of healthcare atrocities in the U.S., and its aftereffects.
- Is vaccine hesitancy as major an issue as vaccine entry?
- How minority nursing associations can support increase vaccine entry.
- Well being fairness over and above the pandemic – like healthcare investigate.
- How the NIH’s All of Us initiative has ongoing throughout the pandemic.
Far more about this short article:
Nurses You Really should Know
The Nationwide Black Nurses Association
Learn on-desire, make credit history, come across products and remedies. Get Started off >>
Dr. Fields’ PSU Faculty Web page
All of Us
In-depth: Well being organizations harness the electric power of engineering to address overall health disparities all through pandemic
AMA past president Dr. Patrice Harris advocates for fairness in the COVID-19 era
AI bias may worsen COVID-19 overall health disparities for men and women of coloration
NIH All of Us system gearing up for ‘precision engagement,’ Eric Dishman says
Human legal rights legislation can provide a reasonable, transparent framework for vaccine allocations
Disadvantaged census places are joined to COVID-19 incidence
CVS Well being, Lyft and YMCA staff for equitable entry to a COVID-19 vaccination site
Massive tech, electronic overall health coalition varieties to undercut COVID-19 healthcare disparities
California faucets Blue Defend to oversee an equitable vaccine distribution plan