19/10/2021

Tannochbrae

Built Business Tough

Egdon Resources PLC seals Yorkshire offshore exploration partnership with Royal Dutch Shell Plc

Shell will generate a 3D seismic programme in 2021 and will then progress towards a properly investment determination.

() has sealed its proposed partnership with Plc () in the Resolution and Endeavour gas discoveries, off the North Yorkshire coast.

It arrives just after United kingdom regulator Oil & Gas Authority (OGA) approved the transfer of a 70% interest in both of those belongings to Shell, leaving Egdon with 30%.

Read through: Union Jack will get eco-friendly light-weight to up Wressle stake

Shell is masking eighty five% of the charges in an future 3D seismic programme, to study both of those Resolution and Endeavour, which is slated to acquire position ahead of the close of Might 2021.

“We are delighted to have finished the transfer of interest and operatorship to Shell in respect of these critical, and perhaps useful, licences for Egdon,” reported Mark Abbott, Egdon taking care of director.

“The focus will now be on progressing appraisal exercise on the Resolution and Endeavour gas discoveries.”

Abbott additional: “We look ahead to creating on our excellent doing the job romance with Shell and benefiting from their substantial around the world operational working experience and skills.”

The farm-out arrangement caps the total cost have at the equal of US$5mln, thereafter Egdon would pick up 30% of the monthly bill. Shell meanwhile also commits to pay back for a hundred% of experiments and manpower charges via to the predicted properly investment decisions, next the surveying.

A Schlumberger assessment of  the Resolution gas discovery, in 2019, estimated some 231bn cubic toes of contingent gas resources – with the P90 to P10 variety established at 100bn to 389bn cubic toes – meanwhile the Endeavor ‘satellite’ discovery was estimated to have 18bn, with the variety established at 10bn to 28bn.

Resolution was identified at first by Overall in 1966 and the pair of belongings were being obtained by Egdon in 2019’s twenty sixth United kingdom Seaward Licensing Round.