The Black British Enterprise Awards, now in its seventh year, has declared its 2020 finalists symbolizing some of the country’s best black expertise across a assortment of industries.
Released in Britain in 2014, the awards aim to rejoice and recognise “the generally unsung contributions of exceptional black company specialists and entrepreneurs” in arts and media, client and luxury, entrepreneurs, money services, qualified services, and STEM (science, technological know-how, engineering and maths).
The finalists this year have been picked not only for their private and qualified achievements, but from the tumultuous backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic and the resurgence of the Black Lives Make any difference motion.
Melanie Eusebe and Sophie Chandauka, co-founders referred to as this year’s finalists “some of the most identified and ground breaking black leaders in the British isles”.
“What specially shines via is the wide variety of professions from a founder of a groundbreaking equine nourishment procedure to a e-book publisher and running administrators at major money businesses. These exceptional people should be very proud of their achievements, they are inspiring the upcoming technology of black expertise to problem convention and observe in their footsteps.”
The Telegraph is a media partner for the awards, the principal sponsors for which include JP Morgan, Barclays, Baker McKenzie, Bloomberg, Fb, Fortnum and Mason, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo.
The winners for each individual category will be declared throughout a electronic awards ceremony on October two.
Arts & Media Climbing Star
- Magdalene Abraha – Publisher at Jacaranda Guides
- Malakaï Sargeant – Director of Theatre Peckham
- Nnena Nwakodo – Producer at Bartle Bogle Hegarty
Arts & Media Chief of the Yr
- Anthony Andrews – Co-founder and Artistic Director of We Are Parable
- Denise Maxwell – Director and Lead Photographer at Lensi Photography
- Gail Babb – Lecturer and Deputy Director of BA Overall performance at Goldsmith College
Shopper & Luxurious Climbing Star
- Iré Hassan-Odukale – Managing Director at Ikoyi
- Rachael Corson and Joycelyn Mate – Co-founders of Afrocenchix
- Sarah-Jane Bampoe-Addo – Senior Plan Manager at Amazon
Shopper & Luxurious Chief of the Yr
- Brandie Deignan – Managing Director at Marco Pierre White Dining places
- Nigel and Victoria Ogunniyi – Co-founders of FAVOUR Catering and Activities
- Sandra Murphy – Founder of Equidiet British isles Ltd