Paris, France – 21 January 2021
Atos welcomes the French government’s initiative and is very pleased to take part in the improvement of the nationwide technique on quantum systems, announced these days by President Emmanuel Macron.
With unique experience in Europe and modern systems these kinds of as the Atos Quantum Learning Machine (Atos QLM), the world’s most potent quantum simulator, Atos is already functioning closely with nationwide gamers these kinds of as GENCI (Grand Equipement Nationwide de Calcul) and the CEA (Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique), as nicely as the begin-up Pasqal. The nationwide quantum technique now features Atos the chance to accelerate its Atos Quantum application and improve its contribution to the French quantum ecosystem, with a look at to providing its buyers the first advantages of quantum computing in the NISQ (Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum) period as quickly as possible.
“The system announced these days for the improvement of quantum systems is very amazing and we are really honored to have been linked with this announcement. Quantum computing guarantees considerable development in strategic locations for our society, these kinds of as health, chemistry, finance and the battle against international warming and decarbonization. Faced with these main socio-financial problems, it is important to set up public-private partnerships and foster cooperation among governments, tutorial scientists, people and private businesses. France’s nationwide technique is equal to the revolution to appear and we are very pleased to be between the gamers who will take part in creating it a truth,” claimed Elie Girard, Atos CEO.
Atos’ contribution to the nationwide quantum technique will concentrate on four locations:
- The improvement of NISQ simulators and accelerators built-in into hybrid large-overall performance computing platforms: capitalizing on the Atos QLM and its experience in large-overall performance computing, Atos has set the goal of supplying a quantum accelerator related to a supercomputer as early as 2023. On the other hand, innovation in quantum computing is not only about components but also about computer software. This is the path Atos is using with the Atos QLM quantum simulation and computer software improvement platform.
- Submit-quantum cryptography: Atos is already functioning on integrating article-quantum algorithms into its cybersecurity gear. Its perform in this location will even more accelerate the developments essential to prepare the components implementations of long term article-quantum criteria.
- Global cooperation: Atos has made functioning in cooperation with long term industrial people a priority of its Atos Quantum application. The Group is concerned in various tutorial tasks, notably with the Institut d’Optique and INRIA. In parallel, its experience and the Atos QLM lead to various European plans, like the NEASQC (Upcoming Applications of Quantum Computing) job. As aspect of the nationwide quantum technique, Atos intends to leverage the expertise received by way of these various tasks to foster interactions among academics, technologies suppliers and people.
- Benchmarking: the immediate and constant emergence of new systems and approaches to quantum programming is important for the improvement of the sector, but also a resource of complexity for companies wishing to invest. In 2020, Atos designed Q-score, the first dependable, aim and reasonable common metric to simplify the connection among technologies people and suppliers.
Atos recognized a Scientific Council devoted to Quantum. Users are:
- Alain Component, Professor at the Institut d’Optique Graduate Faculty and Ecole Polytechnique, Université Paris-Saclay
- David DiVincenzo, Professor at the Alexander von Humboldt College and Director at the Institute for Theoretical Nanoelectronics at the Juelich Research Heart
- Artur Ekert, Professor of Quantum Physics at the Mathematical Institute at the College of Oxford and Founding Director of the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) at the Nationwide College of Singapore
- Daniel Esteve, Research Director, CEA Saclay, Head of Quantronics
- Serge Haroche, Professor Emeritus at the Collège de France, Nobel Prize in Physics.
In the foreground, from still left to correct: Emmanuel Macron and Elie Girard
In the again, from still left to correct: Cédric O, Bruno Le Maire, Amélie de Montchalin andFrédérique Vidal
To study additional about Atos’ pursuits in the subject of quantum computing, click here.
Obtain the release in pdf
Atos is a international leader in electronic transformation with a hundred and ten,000 staff members and once-a-year income of € 12 billion. European amount just one in cybersecurity, cloud and large overall performance computing, the team gives personalized stop-to-stop answers for all industries in seventy three international locations. A pioneer in decarbonization companies and solutions, Atos is dedicated to a protected and decarbonized electronic for its clients. Atos operates below the models Atos and Atos|Syntel. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), mentioned on the CAC40 Paris inventory index.
The intent of Atos is to enable layout the long term of the facts area. Its experience and companies assist the improvement of understanding, education and investigate in a multicultural tactic and lead to the improvement of scientific and technological excellence. Across the planet, the team allows its buyers and staff members, and users of societies at massive to dwell, perform and establish sustainably, in a safe and sound and protected facts area.
Push get hold of: Marion Delmas | [email protected] | +33 6 37 63 91 ninety nine